WOMEN'S SOCCER CENTRAL: Travels to Furman and Wofford
Oct. 12, 2017
|Catamount Women’s soccer at Furman/Wofford|
|Game 16||at Furman | Fri., Oct. 13 | 7:00 p.m. | Live Stats|Watch Live|
|Game 17||at Wofford | Sun., Oct. 15 | 2:00 p.m. | Live Stats|Watch Live|
|Location||at Greenville, S.C./at Spartanburg, S.C.|
|Social Media||@Catamounts | Facebook |@wcu_catamounts (Instagram)|
Western Carolina women’s soccer will play a pair of Southern Conference road games this weekend traveling to Furman on Friday and Wofford on Sunday.
Five Things to Know
- THE MAC ATTACK: The tandem of Megan McCallister and Sayres McKenna is a one-two punch for Western Carolina … McCallister leads the club with seven goals and 17 points and has scored a goal in the three consecutive games … McCallister ranks tied for fourth in the SoCon for goals and sixth in the conference for points … McKenna ranks second on the team in points with 12 and tied for second on the team with four goals … Mckenna has also scored four game-winning goals this season.
- LAST THREE GAMES:Western Carolina is 1-1-1 over the last three games and has scored multiple goals in all three games … In the three games, WCU has scored a total of six goals and given up six goals … McCallister has scored three of her seven goals this season over the last three games.
- MCKENNA IN THE RECORD BOOKS:McKenna's assist against The Citadel is the 17th of her career keeping her ranked fourth in the WCU record books. It is also her fourth of the season … McKenna also now has scored 41 points in her career ranking her eighth in the WCU record books. She is just two points away from moving into seventh.
- MISCELLANEOUS:Western Carolina is 2-1-1 over the last four games outscoring opponents in goals seven to six … McCallister and McKenna accounted for five of the seven goals scored by the Catamounts over the last four games … In those four games, the Catamounts notched its first shutout of the season, a 1-0 lead against VMI.
- MEETING FURMAN AND WOFFORD:Furman and Western Carolina meet for the 23rd time with the Paladins holding a 16-5-1 record against the Catamounts … Furman has won five of the last six meetings with a tie coming in the 2014 season, 1-1, in Cullowhee … The last Catamount victory over the Paladins came in 2011 when WCU won 1-0 in double overtime in Cullowhee … WCU is 2-7 against Furman in Greenville and the last victory against Furman came in 2009 with a 2-0 win for Western Carolina … Western Carolina and Wofford meet for the 22nd time on Sunday with WCU sporting a record of 3-0-1 over the last four games … WCU won both meetings in 2016 defeating the Terriers 4-0 to close out the regular season and winning 2-1 in double overtime in the first round of the SoCon Tournament … The last Wofford win game in 2013 with the Terriers winning 1-0 … WCU is 2-3-3 against Wofford in Spartanburg.¬¬