WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CENTRAL: Travels to Gardner-Webb Thursday
Dec. 27, 2017
|Catamount Women’s Basketball at Gardner-Webb|
|Game 13||Gardner-Webb | Thurs., Dec. 28 | 7:00 p.m. p.m. | Live Stats|Watch Live|Listen Live|
|Location||Boiling Springs, N.C. (Paul Porter Arena)|
|Social Media||@Catamounts | Facebook |@wcu_catamounts (Instagram)|
Western Carolina women’s basketball concludes a four-game road swing Thursday traveling to Gardner-Webb for a 7 p.m. tip-off. The contest is the first for the Catamounts after the holiday break.
Five Things to Know
- MEETING GARDNER-WEBB: Western Carolina and Garder-Webb meet for the 12th time Thursday ... The Catamounts hold a 10-1 record overall against the Runnin’ Bulldogs ... Gardner-Webb earned its first win over the Catamounts in 2016 in Cullowhee ... GWU escaped the Ramsey Center with a 68-60 victory ... Tied at 57, with 6:17 left in the fourth period, the Runnin’ Bulldogs outscored the Catamounts 11-3 in the final six minutes to secure the win.
- SCORING UPSWING: Western Carolina scored a season-best 69 points in the heartbreaking loss to High Point Dec. 22 ... It was the third time this season the Catamounts have scored 60 or more points in a game ... The Catamounts are now 1-2 when the team scores 60 or more points.
- FOUR IN DOUBLE FIGURES: Western Carolina had four players score in double figures for the first time this season against High Point ... It was the first time WCU has had four or more players score in double figures since the Catamounts had five in the 77-73 win over UNCG on Feb. 25, 2016.
- LOOKING FOR A ROAD WIN: Western Carolina is currently on a three-game losing streak and is still searching for a road win as the team is 0-7 on the road ... However, the Catamounts scoring output has increased over the last two games as the Catamounts have scored 50 or more points in the last two games ... Overall, WCU is averaging 54.2 points per game, however, in the last two games, WCU is averaging 64.0.
- THREE POINTER DEFENSE: The Catamounts lead the SoCon in three-point field goal defense holding opponents to 27.4 percent ranking 49th in the nation ... Coincidentally, WCU will face the nation’s leader in three-point field goal defense Thursday when the team squares off against Gardner-Webb who is allowing 20.6 percent.