WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CENTRAL: Travels to High Point Friday
Dec. 21, 2017
|Catamount Women's Basketball at High Point|
|Game 12||at High Point | Fri., Dec. 22 | 5:00 p.m. | Live Stats|Watch Live|Listen Live|
|Location||High Point, N.C. (Mills Center)|
|Social Media||@Catamounts | Facebook |@wcu_catamounts (Instagram)|
Western Carolina women's basketball plays its final game before the holiday break when the Catamounts travel to High Point on Friday. Tip-off is set for 5:00 p.m.
Five Things to Know
- MEETING HIGH POINT: Western Carolina and High Point meet for the 27th time between the two schools ... The Catamounts won the meeting in 2016, 73-64 in Cullowhee ... The two teams' match-ups date all the way back to the 1966-67 season ... The game in 2016 was the first time the two teams had meet since 2005 ... WCU has won two of the last three meetings ... The two teams have met just six times at High Point with tied record of 3-3 ... In the first meeting in 1966-67, WCU was edged by High Point 63-61.
- REBOUNDING BONNER: After a 14 rebound performance against NC A&T, Sherae Bonner has 750 career rebounds ranking her in ninth place in the WCU record books. Bonner became the first Catamount women's basketball player to have 700 or more rebounds in a career since 2008 when former WCU player Chevon Keith ended her career with 947. Bonner eclipsed the 600 rebound mark in her junior campaign ... After taking over ninth place, Bonner is now chasing the eighth spot needing seven rebounds to take over the spot held by Roxanne Williams (1987-91) who ended her career with 756 rebounds. The top spot will be a feat for Bonner as former Catamount great Brenda Johnson ended her career with 1,018 from 1974-77.
- POINT LOGS: Western Carolina's 59 points against NC A&T was the most points scored by the Catamounts since scoring 59 points in the loss against EKU on Nov. 15.
- ON THE ROAD AGAIN: The contest against High Point is the final game of three games in a six-day span - all on the road. WCU opened the current road trip at SC State on Dec. 16 and close out the road swing, before breaking for the holidays, at High Point Friday.
- THREE POINTERS: Western Carolina has hit at least one three-pointer in all 11 games to start the season ... WCU hit a season-high six three-pointers twice this season both against SEC teams Georgia and South Carolina ... The Catamounts have also hit four or more three-pointers in five of the last six games..