CULLOWHEE, N.C. -
|Men’s and Women’s Basketball Doubleheader|
|Men’s Basketball||vs. ETSU | Saturday, Feb. 17 | 2:00 p.m. | Live Stats|Listen Live|ESPN3|
|Women’s Basketball||vs. Samford | Saturday, Feb. 17 | 4:30 p.m. | Live Stats|ESPN3|
|Ticket Information||Buy Here|
|Social Media||@Catamounts | Facebook |@wcu_catamounts (Instagram)|
Western Carolina women’s basketball and men’s basketball will host a doubleheader Saturday in Southern Conference action inside the Ramsey Center. Men’s basketball hosts Southern Conference leader ETSU at 2 p.m. while the Western Carolina women’s basketball team welcomes in Samford at 4:30 p.m. Both games can be seen on ESPN3.
Five Things to Know
- PROMOTIONS IN AND AROUND THE GAMES: Join us in your best beach gear as it is Beach Day at the Men’s Basketball game. The first 50 students will receive a free Hawaiian shirt, and the first 200 students will receive leis and WCU Koozies brought to you by Ingles. One lucky fan will win a trip for four to 828 Escape during the game. To register, stop by the 828 Escape table located in the concourse of the Ramsey Center on game day. 828 Escape is located in the Jackson Plaza next to the bowling alley. Stick around for the women’s game at 4:30 to help us honor our seniors for Senior Night. It is also Youth Night brought to you by Entegra Bank. All youth, 12 and under, will receive free admission with their shooting shirt or jersey.
- GET IN ON THE ACTION: Tickets are now available for both the women’s and men’s games and can be purchased through the WCU Athletic Ticket Office by calling (828) 227-2401 or online at CatamountSports.com. If you are unable to attend the games both the women’s and men’s contests will be carried live on ESPN3 with the men’s audio coverage through the Catamount Sports Network.
- MEN’S BASKETBALL LOOKS TO SNAP STREAK: The Western Carolina men’s basketball team hosts ETSU Saturday afternoon at 2 pm. The Catamounts have not won a regular season game against the Buccaneers since 1998, a streak of 22-straight setbacks against ETSU. WCU ended ETSU’s season in 2015 as the Catamounts defeated ETSU 67-61 in overtime at the Southern Conference Championships ending a 17-game slide in the series. The Buccaneers recently had their NCAA leading 16-game win streak snapped as the Spartans of UNCG defeated ETSU 74-56 in Greensboro.
- SENIOR DAY BATTLE WITH SAMFORD: Western Carolina women’s basketball and Samford meet for the 22nd time when the Bulldogs come calling Saturday on the Catamounts’ senior day. Samford has won eight-straight against Western Carolina including three-straight in Cullowhee. Western Carolina’s last home victory over Samford came back on Jan. 13, 2014 when WCU defeated Samford 54-50 which was also the last victory for Western Carolina over the Bulldogs. Overall, Samford holds a 17-4 record against Western Carolina. The Catamounts are 2-7 against Samford in Cullowhee with the only other home victory against the Bulldogs coming in 2012 when WCU won 52-44. In the two teams meeting, at Samford, earlier in the season the Bulldogs defeated WCU 62-54.
- BASKETBALL YOUTH NIGHT COMING UP: Basketball youth night is coming up for men’s basketball … At the Catamounts’ Feb. 23 game against Furman there will be free admission to the game for all youth wearing their basketball jersey or shooting shirt … The contest is scheduled for a 7 pm start as the Paladins and Catamounts meet for the second time this season.