Updated Jan. 11, 2016
Mission Statement of the NCAA SAAC
"The mission of the National Collegiate Athletic Association Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protection student-athlete welfare and fostering a positive student-athlete image."
Purpose of the Southern Conference SAAC
"The purpose of the organization shall be to lay the foundation for developing the SoCon SAAC into a solid organization, while utilizing each other's resources and providing guidance to strengthen SAACs throughout the Southern Conference."
1. Be an organization in which individuals serve as a voice for their institution
2. Share ideas, network, and develop lasting friendships
3. Try to address issues and problems
4. Create opportunities for unity, change, and rewards
5. Foster communication among all schools in the conference
Purpose of the Western Carolina SAAC
"The purpose of each institutional SAAC is to promote and actively encourage the involvement of student-athletes on campus and in their communities, while allowing those student-athletes to have an open line of communication to voice their concerns to institutional administrations and the conference office."(Idea was established by the SoCon)
2015-2016 Western Carolina SAAC Officers
2014-15 Western Carolina SAAC Sport Representatives