Every supporter, alumnus or Representative of Athletics Interests should have an understanding that there are certain NCAA regulations that you and the university should abide by. These regulations affect everyone. Please know the rules.
Representative of Athletics Interests
A "representative of the institution's athletics interests," (athletics representative) or booster, is an individual who is known (or who should be known) by the institution's staff to:
- Have participated in or is a member of an agency or organization promoting the institution's intercollegiate athletics program (e.g., a booster club, athletic foundation, university club);
- Have made financial contributions to the athletics department or to an athletics booster organization of that institution;
- Be assisting or to have been requested (by the athletics department staff) to assist in the recruitment of prospects;
- Be assisting or to have assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes or their families (e.g., helping to arrange summer and/or vacation employment); or
- Have been involved otherwise in promoting the institution's athletics program.
Once you have been identified as a Representative of Athletics Interest, You will always r etain that status.