May 21, 2008
The first event on the Catamount Golf Tour kicked off with the 1st Annual Triangle Area Catamount Golf Tournament. The event was held in Clayton, North Carolina at The Neuse Golf Club and organized by WCU Alum Jason Van Dyke. Participants enjoyed a great day of golf and fellowship as they interacted with WCU coaches and staff. All the proceeds from the event will benefit summer school scholarships for student athletes at WCU. Thank you to all who participated in this year's event.
Please take time to view the photo gallery from this year's event.
Below is the schedule for the remainder of the events on the Catamount Golf Tour.
1. "Gaston-Lincoln Western Club Golf Tournament"
- June 13th (Friday) 1 p.m.
- Lincoln Country Club in Lincolnton NC
- Cost: $60 per player
- Tournament Contact: Betty Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. "Catamount Football Classic"
- June 19th (Thursday) 1 p.m. Shotgun Start
- Reems Creek Golf Club in Weaverville NC
- Cost: $150 per player
- Tournament Contact: Matt Pawlowski at email@example.com
3. "Charlotte Alumni Golf Classic"
- July 21st (Monday) Time 1 p.m. Shotgun Start
- Carmel Country Club in Charlotte NC
- Cost: $250 per player
- Tournament Contact: Alex Crenshaw: Alex.Crenshaw@ey.com
- Register with Sandy Neuenschwander in the Catamount Club at 828 227 3047
4. "The Western Open"
- August 6th (Wednesday) Time TBA
- Waynesville C.C. in Waynesville NC
- Cost: $90 per player
- Hosted by Bob Buckner and Gary Lance
- Tournament Contact: Gorham Bradley: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. "The 4th Annual Bob Waters Memorial Golf Tournament"
- September 12th (Friday)
- High Vista C.C. in Mills River NC
- Cost: $125 per player/$500 per team.
- Tournament Contact: Norman West: email@example.com
6. "The Morganton/Western Shootout"
- Date TBA
- Mimosa Hills C.C
- Cost TBA