Jan. 30, 2012
Cullowhee, N.C. - Western Carolina Director of Athletics Randy Eaton and first-year Catamount head football coach Mark Speir together are traveling across North Carolina and the region during the next month reaching out to the Catamount Nation.
Entitled the "Catamounts Unite Tour," the series of nightly receptions is designed to allow both Eaton and Speir to meet with WCU alumni, supporters and Catamount fans alike as they craft together the vision and direction of Catamount Athletics and Western Carolina Football.
The ten-stop tour kicks off on Thursday, Feb. 9, in Atlanta-Metro area in Dunwoody, and spans the next month, culminating at the Outwest Steakhouse in Kernersville, N.C. Along the way, the Catamount athletic caravan will make stops across Western North Carolina in Canton (Feb. 13), Murphy (Feb.1 5), Cherokee (Feb. 22), Fletcher (Feb. 27), Franklin (Feb. 29) and Morganton (March 8). Charlotte-area Catamounts are invited to the BlackFinn Saloon on Feb. 21 or to the Feb. 28 stop at the Owl's Eye Vineyard & Winery in Shelby.
Each tour event with the exception of the stop at Fletcher's Broadmoor Golf Links begins at 6:30 pm and lasts until 8:00 pm. The Asheville-area reception will have a special start time of 6:00 pm.
For more information on the "Catamounts Unite Tour," or to RSVP, contact the Catamount Club offices at (828) 227-3047 or email@example.com.
"Catamounts Unite Tour" Events:
· Thursday, February 9 - Dunwoody Country Club in Dunwoody, Ga. - 6:30 pm
· Monday, February 13 - Sid's on Main in Canton, N.C. - 6:30 pm
· Wednesday, February 15 - Brother's Restaurant in Murphy, N.C. - 6:30 pm
· Tuesday, February 21 - BlackFinn Saloon in Charlotte, N.C. - 6:30 pm
· Wednesday, February 22 - Harrah's Cherokee Casino in Cherokee, N.C. - 6:30 pm
· Monday, February 27th - Broadmoor Golf Links in Fletcher, N.C. - 6:00 pm
· Tuesday, February 28 - Owl's Eye Vineyard & Winery in Shelby, N.C. - 6:30 pm
· Wednesday, February 29 - The Boiler Room in Franklin, N.C. - 6:30 pm
· Thursday, March 8 - Mimosa Hills Golf Country Club in Morganton, N.C. - 6:30 pm
· Friday, March 9 - Outwest Steakouse in Kernersville, N.C. - 6:30 pm