CULLOWHEE, N.C. – Western Carolina Athletics will be offering some fun and interactive contests in and around Catamount football’s home opener against Mercer at 6 p.m. Aug. 31 and throughout the six home football games this season.
First and foremost we would like to thank the amazing sponsors making this happen and giving the Catamount fans a way to show their love for the purple and gold in Catamount Country.
- Athletic staff will randomly select one tailgate prior to kick-off.
- The winning tailgate will receive a prize pack from Bojangles.
US AIR FORCE
- One Catamount fan who is live-tweeting during the game will be chosen using the hashtag #FlyinCatamountCountry
- Winning Tweet wins a prize pack from the US Air Force.
- Athletic staff will walk the student tailgate lot taking photos of students holding a photo frame which will include Advance Auto Part’s logo.
- The photo with the most Catamount Pride will receive a gift card from Advance Auto Parts.
- “Who’s Car has the most Catamount Spirit” using hashtag #CatamountSpiritCar
- WCU Athletics will ask fans to submit photos of their cars showing Catamount Spirit to WCU on gameday.
- The week after the football game fans will vote on which cars have the most Catamount Spirit.
- WCU Athletics will release the top three photos in the middle of the week for fans to vote on.
- The car that receives most like will receive a $250 gift card from NAPA and 4 Tickets to the WCU Homecoming Game on October 26 vs. Furman.