Score: ETSU 2, Western Carolina 1
Records: Western Carolina 10-15, 0-3 SoCon, ETSU 16-11-2, 3-0 SoCon
Location: Catamount Softball Complex, Cullowhee, N.C.
CULLOWHEE, N.C. – Western Carolina softball dropped the final game of the Southern Conference series with ETSU 2-1 Sunday at the Catamount Softball Complex.
Tied 1-1, ETSU scored the go-ahead run in the top of the fifth inning.
How it Happened
ETSU tied the game courtesy of a home run in the top of the second.
The Buccaneers took the lead scoring a run in the top of the fifth.
Inside the Box Score
- Junior hurler Kinsey Liscio got the start and went 4.2 innings giving up two runs on four hits and striking out three. She falls to 6-4 on the year.
- Liscio was replaced by Kayla Brewer with two outs in the fifth. She went 1.2 innings of scoreless and hitless ball and struck out one. She did yield four walks.
- Senior Shaina Reed came in with one out in the seventh inning getting the final two outs including a strikeout.
- ETSU had four hits in the game while WCU had three.
- Gibbons had two of Western Carolina’s three hits and hit the only RBI of the game for the Catamounts.
News & Notes
- Gibbons is riding a six-game hit streak and has reached base safely in the last eight games.
- Western Carolina has lost four of its last five games.
- Gibbons hit her 31st career double against ETSU on Sunday. She currently ranks in fifth place in the WCU record books.
Western Carolina will host Gardner-Webb in a doubleheader set to begin at 4 p.m. Tuesday.
For the latest information on Catamount softball, follow @catamounts and @wcusoftball on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.