Score: Chattanooga 1, Western Carolina 0
Records: Western Carolina 3-7-1, 021 SoCon, Chattanooga 3-6-2, 1-1 SoCon)
Location: Catamount Athletic Complex - Cullowhee, N.C.
CULLOWHEE, N.C. - Western Carolina women's soccer dropped a heartbreaker 1-0 to Chattanooga Sunday at the Catamount Athletic Complex.
The Catamounts outshot the Mocs 11-5 but the last shot for Chattanooga was the golden one as they scored in the 85th minute for the win.
Chattanooga scored at 85:37 to break a scoreless game and secure the win. Individual Leaders
- The Mocs' Chloe Arnold scored the game-winner.
- Sayres McKenna had four of Western Carolina's 11 shots in the game.
- Chattanooga goalkeeper Bailey Coppedge had four saves in the game.
Inside the Box Score
- Chattanooga's Arnold scored the game-winning goal beat the Catamount defender and found the back of the net past Catamount goalie Icen.
- Western Carolina had 11 shots in the game.
- Western Carolina's Deyana Walker had a huge scoring opportunity when she looked like she was taking a pass in front of the goal but slipped and the ball skipped by her.
News & Notes
- Western Carolina's 1-0 loss is the third straight game the Catamounts have lost 1-0.
- The Catamounts have had nine of her 11 games decided by one goal.
- Western Carolina has now lost three straight.
Western Carolina will head out on a two-game road swing traveling to VMI on Friday and UNCG on Sunday.
For the latest information on Catamount women's soccer, follow @catamounts on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.