Score: Samford 1, Western Carolina 0, 2 OT
Records: Western Carolina 3-6-1, 0-1 SoCon, Samford 5-5-1, 1-0 SoCon
Location: Catamount Athletic Complex - Cullowhee, N.C.
CULLOWHEE, N.C. - Western Carolina women's soccer dropped an all-out defensive battle with Samford 1-0, in double overtime, Friday at the Catamount Athletic Complex to open Southern Conference play.
The Catamount defense withstood a barrage of shots by the Samford strikers showing grit and fortitude throughout the Bulldogs' onslaught of 28 shots. Western Carolina redshirt sophomore goalkeeper Jacquelyn
Scoreless headed into the second overtime, Samford scored the golden goal 51 seconds into the second overtime to secure the win.
- Seoposenwe took nine of Samford's 28 shots in the game.
- Megan McCallister took two of Western Carolina's three shots in the game.
Inside the Box Score
- Samford bombarded Western Carolina's defense, and goalie
- Western Carolina had three shots in the game.
News & Notes
- Western Carolina has had eight of its 10 games this season decided by one goal.
- The overtime game with Samford is the fourth OT game for WCU this season and the second double overtime game
- Western Carolina was shutout for the second straight game and third time this season.
- Samford has now recorded four straight shutouts and has won four straight.
Western Carolina completes a two-game home-stand hosting Chattanooga at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Catamount Athletic Complex.
For the latest information on Catamount women's soccer, follow @catamounts on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.