Score: Tennessee Tech 1, Western Carolina 0
Records: Western Carolina 1-2, Tennessee Tech 2-1
Location: Tennessee Tech Soccer Field -- Cookeville, Tenn.
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. -- Western Carolina women's soccer dropped its second straight road game of the season falling to Tennessee Tech 1-0 Sunday at the Tennessee Tech Soccer Field.
For the second straight game, the Catamounts played a scoreless first half before giving up the winning goal to their opponent in the second half. The Eagles scored in the 71st minute to snap the scoreless game and secure the win.
With the game scoreless, Tennessee Tech scored in the 71st minute and held off the Catamounts in the final 19 minutes to secure the win.
- For the second third consecutive game, junior Jacquelyn
Inside the Box Score
- The Eagles Dani Shartouney scored the game winning goal when she was fed the ball inside the box by Kendall Powell into an empty net.
- Icen takes the loss giving up the game-winning goal and falls to 0-2 on the season.
News & Notes
- Western Carolina was held scoreless for the first time this season. In the first three games of the year, WCU is being outscored 5-3.
- Tennessee Tech had 15 shots in the game to Western Carolina's nine.
- WCU had three good looks at the goal in the second half by Megan McCallister, Eynde Frazier and Kasey Cooke who also led the Catamounts with two shots in the game.
Western Carolina will complete its three-game road swing Thursday traveling to former Southern Conference foe Elon. Match time is set for 7 p.m.
For the latest information on Catamount women's soccer, follow @catamounts on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.