Score: Chattanooga 1, Western Carolina 0
Records: Western Carolina 6-10, 3-4 SoCon, Chattanooga 6-8-2-2, 4-2-1 SoCon
Location: Finley Stadium -- Chattanooga, Tenn.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. -- Western Carolina women's soccer dropped its final Southern Conference road game of the season falling to Chattanooga 1-0 Sunday at Finley Stadium. Turning Point Chattanooga scored the only goal of the game at the 40th minute in the first half.
- Chattanooga's Hannah Wyatt scored the only goal of the game.
- Western Carolina sophomore Sayres McKenna had three shots in the game.
- Senior goal keeper Carly Tinstman allowed one goal and had four saves.
Inside the Box Score
- Wyatt scored the only goal of the game when the Moc took a left-footed kick and sent it into the top left corner from an assist by Hannah Torbett.
- Western Carolina's lats goal attempt came in the 77th minute off a header shot by Haven Leland that was saved by the Mocs' goalie.
- The Catamounts ended the game with 10 shots while Chattanooga had 11.
News & Notes
- Western Carolina had its four-game winning streak over Chattanooga snapped with the loss to the Mocs on Sunday. It was also Chattanooga's first-ever win at home over WCU.
- With the loss, Western Carolina is suffering through a three-game losing streak.
- The Mocs' shutout over WCU was the fifth time this season the Catamounts have been shutout.
- With Western Carolina's 3-4 record in the SoCon the Catamounts have dipped below .500 in the conference race for the first time this season.
Western Carolina returns home this weekend to play its final Southern Conference games of the season. The Catamounts host Furman on Friday and Wofford on Sunday. The Sunday contest will also be senior day honoring Sheridan Caudle, Leland, Tinstman and Taylor Webb.
For the latest information on Catamount women's soccer, follow @catamounts on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.