Score: Western Carolina 1, Tennessee Tech 0; double overtime
Records: Western Carolina 3-6, Tennessee Tech 4-4-1
Location: Catamount Athletic Complex - Cullowhee, N.C.
CULLOWHEE, N.C. - Redshirt junior mid-fielder Kasey Cooke scored the golden goal in Western Carolina women's soccer's 1-0, double overtime win, against Tennessee Tech Sunday at the Catamount Athletic Complex. Turning Point Mid-way through the second overtime, Cooke finally found the mark when her fourth, in the game, hit the mark at105:56 for the golden goal and the Catamount win.
- Cooke scored her team-leading third goal of the season against Tennessee Tech.
- Sophomore Megan McCallister returned to the Catamount soccer field after missing the first eight games of the season due to injury. She earned her first start against Tennessee Tech and is 1-0 when in the Catamount line-up.
- Sayres McKenna picked up her fourth assist of the season.
Inside the Box Score
- Cooke took a cross pass from McKenna and sent her shot from the left side, sailing past the Golden Eagle goalie, into the right side of the net at 105:56.
- Western Carolina controlled the game for most of the contest with the Catamounts spending the majority of the game on the Golden Eagles' side of the field.
- The Catamounts ended the game with 14 shots, with two of them blocked, and at least three just missing going into the goal.
News & Notes
- Western Carolina halted a three-game losing streak with the 1-0 win over Tennessee Tech.
- The Catamounts extend their overall record against the Golden Eagles to 5-1 having won now the last four meetings.
- Tennessee Tech was shutout for the second straight game after falling to Radford, on Friday, 1-0. It is also the third time the Golden Eagles have been shutout.
- The game against Tennessee Tech was the final non-conference game of the season for WCU.
- McKenna's fourth assist this season gives her 11 in her short two-year career. She now ranks tied for 10th in the WCU record books.
Western Carolina opens Southern Conference play traveling to Mercer Friday for a 7 p.m. match-up.
For the latest information on Catamount women's soccer, follow @catamounts on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.