Score: Wright State 2 - Western Carolina 0
Records: Western Carolina 0-0, Wright State 0-0 - Exhibition
Game Location: Catamount Athletic Complex - Cullowhee, N.C.
CULLOWHEE, N.C. -- Western Carolina women's soccer fell 2-0 to Wright State Sunday in the first of two exhibition games at the Catamount Athletic Complex. The game prefaces the start of the 2016 season.
Wright State scored the first of the Raiders' two goals at the 22:48 minute mark in the first half. The Raiders scored a goal in each of the halves.
- Redshirt junior Kasey Cooke had three shots, one on goal, for Western Carolina.
Inside the Box Score
- Aaliyah Patten scored the first of Wright State's two goals in the game at the 22:48 mark. Patten dribbled into the box and sent a shot past Catamount goalkeeper Carly Tinstman.
- Wright State's Monica Hannen scored the Raiders' second goal at 63:55 when the ball pinged off the left side of the post and popped in.
- Hannah Sink for the Catamounts had a solid shot for WCU late in the first half taking a shot from the left wing and hitting the post.
News & Notes
- Senior goalkeeper Tinstman played in the first half and redshirt sophomore Sara Dooley played in the second.
- Seven of the Catamounts 11 freshmen saw playing time in the game.
- Western Carolina played its exhibition game against Wright State after just four days of pre-season practice.
Western Carolina completes the exhibition portion of the 2016 season traveling to former Southern Conference rival Appalachian State on Thursday for a 7 p.m. game.
For the latest information on Catamount women's soccer, follow @catamounts on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.