Score: Gardner-Webb 68 - Western Carolina 60
Records: Western Carolina 3-9, Gardner-Webb 4-5
Location: Ramsey Center -- Cullowhee, N.C.
CULLOWHEE, N.C. -- Western Carolina women's basketball dropped a hard-fought battle with visiting Gardner-Webb, 68-60, Monday in the Ramsey Center.
Tied at 57, with 6:17 left in the fourth period, the Runnin' Bulldogs outscored the Catamounts 11-3 in the final six minutes to secure the win. Gardner-Webb shot a scorching 51 percent from the field holding the Catamounts to 39.3 percent shooting.
Western Carolina had two players in double figures paced by junior guard Kyia Hough's 12 points. Fellow junior Raziyah Farrington added 10.
With the score tied at 57, with 6:17 remaining in the game, Gardner-Webb outscored Western Carolina 11-3 in the final six minutes to secure the win.
- Hough led Western Carolina with 12 points - the second time this season she has scored in double figures. Hough also dished out four assists.
- Farrington had 10 points for the Catamounts.
- Sherae Bonner led the game with 10 rebounds. - Gardner-Webb's Tierra Huntsman led all scorers with 24 points.
Inside the Box Score
- Gardner-Webb shot 51 percent from the field.
- The Runnin' Bulldogs had 17 turnovers in the game leading to 16 Catamount points.
- Gardner-Webb found success in the paint scoring 30 of its 60 points there.
- The Runnin' Bulldogs ripped down 34 rebounds and held WCU to 29.
- Western Carolina shot 39.3 percent from the field but did have four three-pointers in the game.
News & Notes
- With the loss, Western Carolina extends its losing streak to three straight.
- Bonner's 10 rebounds led the game and also marks the seventh game this season she has ripped down double-figure rebounds.
- Bonner has 534 career rebounds tying her for 13th in the WCU record books.
- The 60 points scored by Western Carolina is the first time in two games WCU has scored 60 or more points.
- With the three-pointer against Gardner-Webb, freshman Lauren LaPlant his hit at least one three-pointer in her last four games.
Western Carolina completes its two-game home stand hosting High Point at 5 p.m. Wednesday in the Ramsey Center.
For the latest information on Catamount women's basketball, follow @catamounts on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.