Score: Samford 3, Western Carolina 0
Records: Western Carolina 5-6-2, 2-3 SoCon, Samford 8-5-1, 5-0-1 SoCon
Location: Bulldog Stadium, Birmingham, Ala.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Western Carolina women’s soccer fell to Samford Sunday 3-0 at Bulldog Stadium.
Samford exploded for three goals in the first half which was all the Bulldogs needed to secure the win.
- Western Carolina senior goalkeeper Jacquelyn Gnassi had a season-high 10 saves in the game which also tied her career high. It also ties for eighth place in the WCU record books for saves in a game.
Inside the Box Score
- Samford scored its first goal of the game at 33:02.
- Less then a minute later, the Bulldogs scored again at 33:53.
- The Bulldogs scored their third goal of the first half just before halftime at 42:55.
- Western Carolina had 10 shots in the match to Samford’s 14.
News & Notes
- With the loss, Western Carolina remains winless on the road with a 0-5 record.
- After opening SoCon play 2-0, the Catamounts have lost three straight conference games.
- Western Carolina has now been shutout four times this season.
Western Carolina returns home this weekend hosting its final two matches of the season. The Catamounts will welcome UNCG Friday, Oct. 12 and VMI on Oct. 14. The match against the Keydets will also be WCU’s senior day.
For the latest information on Catamount women's soccer, follow @catamounts on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.