Score: Western Carolina 6, Kennesaw State 1
Records: Western Carolina 2-3, Kennesaw State 0-8
Location: Betty Seigel Courts, Kennesaw, Ga.
KENNESAW Ga. – Western Carolina women’s tennis picked up their second-straight win with a 6-1 victory over Kennesaw State Saturday at Betty Siegel Courts.
The Catamounts got an early leg up sweeping the doubles point and went on to secure five of six wins in singles to stroll away with the win.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- The Catamounts set the tone early taking all three matches in doubles.
- Lauren McCall’s 6-1, 6-2 win at No. 3 singles started things off for Western Carolina in singles play.
- Freshman Jacy Smith earned her third victory of the season, at No. 2 singles, getting the third point of the match in a breezy 6-3, 6-2 win over Kennesaw’s Kendall Nash.
- The Catamounts only loss came at No. 5 singles.
- Jordan Strickland ‘s win Saturday at Kennesaw State win was her 28th victory in her Catamount career moving her into third place in the Western Carolina record books. Strickland needs three more to move into second.
- Strickland and Smith are each 3-2 in singles to open the season.
Western Carolina’s scheduled home opener against North Carolina A&T on Sunday has been canceled due to the threat of inclement weather. The Catamounts next match is scheduled for Feb. 24 at Campbell.
For the latest information on Catamount women's tennis, follow @catamounts on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.