Women's Basketball Hosts Campbell in Home Opener
November 8, 2018
CULLOWHEE, N.C. – Western Carolina women’s basketball hosts Campbell at 6 p.m. Friday, in the Ramsey Center, in the Catamounts' 2018-19 home opener.
The Catamounts are coming off a 77-59 road loss at Coastal Carolina Nov. 6.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW:
- Western Carolina and Campbell meet for the 20th time on Friday. The Catamounts lead the series 11-8 but the Camels have won the last three meetings. The last time the two teams played in Cullowhee Campbell escaped with a 50-48 victory in overtime. Western Carolina’s last victory over Campbell came in 2014 in Cullowhee when WCU won 67-57.
- The game against Campbell, on Friday, is the beginning of a two-game homestand for Western Carolina. After the Catamounts’ game against Young Harris, Nov. 12, WCU will not play at home again for 17 days returning home on Nov. 29.
- Western Carolina is 31-16 in home season openers in the program’s history.
- Senior guard Angel Allen led Western Carolina with 16 points, tying her career-high with four three-pointers, against Coastal Carolina.
- Junior forward Tembre Moates came back strong against Coastal Carolina Nov. 6 after missing the final five games of the season in 2017-18. Moates just missed posting a double-double against Coastal Carolina with 11 points and nine rebounds.