Score: UT Martin, 2, Western Carolina 1
Records: Western Carolina 3-2-2, UT Martin 4-2
Location: Skyhawk Soccer Field
MARTIN, Tenn. – Western Carolina women’s soccer dropped a road match at UT Martin 2-1 Friday at Skyhawk Soccer Field.
Tied 1-1, UT Martin scored at the 80th minute to reclaim the lead and capture the win.
- Catamount Freshman Reily Nelson scored the lone goal for Western Carolina. It was also the first of her Catamount career.
- Senior goalie Jacquelyn Gnassi gave up two goals, had four saves and falls to 2-1-1 on the season.
Inside the Box Score
- After 60 plus scoreless minutes, UT Martin got on the board first a quick pass to
- Just over three minutes later, Western Carolina knotted the game 1-1 when Nelson took a pass from midfield and went one-on-one and scored.
- The Skyhawks reclaimed the lead at the 80th minute when Bella Martin took a quick pass from Samantha Kelly and found the back of the net
- UT Martin had 19 shots in the game and Western Carolina had 11. Eight of the Skyhawks shots were on goal.
News & Notes
- Western Carolina suffers its second loss of the season with both coming on the road.
- UT Martin’s two goals scored against Western Carolina is the most the Catamounts have given up since yielding three goals in the season-opening loss at Kennesaw State.
- Five of Western Carolina’s six goals this season have been in road games.
Western Carolina continues the swing through the state of Tennessee traveling to Middle Tennessee on Sunday for a 3 p.m. match with the Blue Raiders. The contest can be seen on ESPN3.
For the latest information on Catamount women's soccer, follow @catamounts on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.