Score: Wofford 4, Western Carolina 3
Records: Western Carolina 12-9, 2-5 SoCon, Wofford 12-7, 4-3 SoCon
Location: Spartanburg, S.C., Reeves Tennis Center
SPARTANBURG, S.C. – Western Carolina women’s tennis suffered a 4-3 setback at Wofford Saturday to close out the regular season.
The Catamounts will be the No. 7 seed in the upcoming Southern Conference Championships. WCU will face the No. 2 seed ETSU at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 18 in Macon, Ga.
Wofford won four of the six singles matches to secure the win.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Western Carolina took the early 1-0 lead winning at No. 2 and No. 2 doubles.
- Wofford took wins at No. 1-3 singles as well as No. 5.
- The Catamounts picked up wins at No. four and No. 6 singles as Lauren McCall and Julia Pezzuco earned wins for WCU in singles play.
- Freshman Jacy Smith had her 12-match winning streak snapped with a loss at No. 2 singles. She ends the regular season with a record of 16-4 and 5-2 in Southern Conference play. She is one win away from tying the school record for singles wins in a season.
- The Catamounts’ 12 wins this season are the second-most in school history. WCU is just one win away from tying the school record.
Western Carolina enters the 2019 Southern Conference Championships as the No. 7 seed and will face No. 2 seed ETSU Thursday.
For the latest information on Catamount women's tennis, follow @catamounts on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.