CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. – Western Carolina women’s soccer fell to Chattanooga 2-1 Friday at Finley Stadium.
The Mocs scored two unanswered goals, both in the second half, to tie and then take the lead over the Catamounts.
- Kate Swartwout scored her first goal of the season for the Catamounts in the first half.
- Freshman Reily Nelson notched her second assist of the season with the pass to Swartwout for the goal.
- Chattanooga’s Chloe Arnold scored both goals for the Mocs.
Inside the Box Score
- In the 37th minute, Western Carolina broke open a scoreless match when Swartwout found the back of the net. She took a pass from rookie Nelson and went one on one with the goalie sending it into the top middle of the net for the score.
- Chattanooga scored the tying goal at the 60th minute when Arnold picked off a deflection for Catamount goalkeeper Natalia Icen.
- Arnold gave the Mocs the lead and the eventual win when she dribbled the ball down the middle and found the back of the net.
News & Notes
- With the loss, Western Carolina remains winless on the road with a 0-4 record.
- After opening SoCon play 2-0, the Catamounts have lost two straight conference games.
- Nelson picked up her second assist of the season on Swartwout’s goal. She now has eight points for the year continuing to lead the team.
- The Catamounts have now lost three-straight to the Mocs.
Western Carolina completes its two-game Southern Conference road swing traveling to Samford for a rare 7 p.m. match on Sunday. The game can be seen on ESPN3.
For the latest information on Catamount women's soccer, follow @catamounts on Twitter or go to www.catamountsports.com.