2019 HOME FOOTBALL GAME-BY-GAME PROMOTIONS:
Western Carolina vs. Mercer / Sat., Aug. 31:• Game Sponsors: Ingles and iHeartRadio partners, 99.9 Kiss Country and Star 104.3
• 2019 Catamount Football Home Opener
• #PurpleOut / Fireworks Night: Western Carolina is set to kick off the 2019 football season in a huge way. The Catamounts open the season by hosting Southern Conference rival, Mercer, with post-game fireworks to again illuminate the western North Carolina sky following WCU’s home-opening football game as a part of a Labor Day weekend on Saturday, August 31. WCU looks to paint E.J. Whitmire Stadium / Bob Waters Field PURPLE for both its 2019 home and Southern Conference opener as the Catamounts host league-rival, Mercer, under the lights in Cullowhee. All fans are encouraged to wear purple to the game, which opens with the traditional Freshmen Run, and the much-anticipated return of the “Pride of the Mountains” Marching Band. WCU’s postgame fireworks extravaganza is again presented by Ingles and iHeartRadio partners, 99.9 FM Kiss Country and Star 104.3.
• 9th Annual Freshmen Run: The tradition that began in 2011 with former Western Carolina University Chancellor Dr. David Belcher continues for future Purple & Gold classes as all WCU freshmen will hit the field for a special pregame entrance onto the turf at Whitmire Stadium, preceding the first home entrance of the Catamount football team in 2019.
Western Carolina vs. North Greenville / Sat., Sept. 14:• Game Sponsors:
Western Carolina vs. Gardner-Webb / Sat., Oct. 5:• Game Sponsors: B.H. Graning and Mast General Store
Western Carolina vs. Furman - Sat., Oct. 26:• Game Sponsors: Harris Regional Hospital / Swain Community Hospital
• Homecoming, 2019: Western Carolina's annual Homecoming game is always the highlight of the season. With a weekend full of great events around campus, we hope you all will join us in Cullowhee, and finish off a weekend to remember by cheering on our Catamounts to victory against long-time chromatic league rival, Furman! A complete listing of campus-related Homecoming, 2019 activities will be made available online at www.homecoming.wcu.edu.
Western Carolina vs. ETSU / Sat., Nov. 9:• Game Sponsors:
• Blue Ridge Border Battle: The mountain rivalry between WCU and ETSU is rekindled in Cullowhee with "The Rock" - the traveling trophy in the football rivalry series that is adorned with a stone taken from the North Carolina - Tennessee border along the Blue Ridge Parkway - up for grabs for a second-consecutive season.
• Heroes Day: Western Carolina extends a special invitation to all the men and women who have served - or are currently serving - in our nation's Armed Forces and first responders. ALL military veterans and current service members will receive FREE admission with their military ID, and their families will receive tickets for just $15 with the same deal extended to all police and fire personnel.
Western Carolina vs. Samford / Sat., Nov. 16:• Game Sponsors: Catamount Peak Apartments
• WCU 2019 Senior Day: The afternoon begins with a special pre-game ceremony honoring Western Carolina's seniors including Catamount football players and managers, Catamount cheerleaders and members of the WCU Dance Team. At halftime, WCU will also recognize the senior members of the "Pride of the Mountains" Marching Band.
2019-20 HOME MEN'S AND WOMEN'S BASKETBALL GAME PROMOTIONS:Will be announced at a later date.
2020 HOME BASEBALL GAME PROMOTIONS:Will be announced at a later date.
• Catamount Baseball Bingo: Be sure to grab a Bingo card as you enter the stadium and play along each time the Catamounts are at bat;
• Dunkin' Dingers: Every Catamount home run not only lights up the scoreboard at Childress Field / Hennon
• B.H. Graning Perfect Toss: Stop by the marketing table to sign-up for the B.H Graning "Perfect Tough" T-shirt toss which is held between innings during each home game!
• Napa Cracker Jack Toss: What is baseball without Cracker Jacks!?! Keep your eyes to the sky for the Napa Auto & Truck Parts Cracker Jack toss during each home game;
• Sunday Run Day: Kids are invited to run the bases following the Sunday home games at Childress Field / Hennon Stadium;